Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Fish Patties

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fish Patties

Fish patties:
A bowl of leftover fish, in chunks.This was a rainbow from a friend.
Two eggs
Salt and pepper
4 cloves of garlic. We like garlic.
2 tablespoons of almond flour went surprisingly well with the fish

Fried in palm kernal oil, maybe 10 minutes on one side, 5 on the other. The fish was already cooked so this was just to warm through and cook the egg that held it all together.

Served with cooked broccoli and cooked apples.  Enjoyed by everyone!

More:
My review of Real Food for Mother and Baby, which inspired me to start eating more fish
Another fish dinner- fish cutlets from the GAPS book

Part of Pennywise Platter Thursday at The Nourishing Gourmet
Share

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

nice looking! my kids really like fish crusted with almond flour too!

March 11, 2010 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole meal looks yummy. We eat fish at least once a week and often have leftovers. I think we will try these. Thanks!

March 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

those look amazing. i'm currently on a fish strike (nervous about low quality corn fed farmed fish, and pricey, possibly high mercury wild caught). if i come off of it, i'll try these.

March 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

jenna, in my opinion the mercury concern is not reason enough to not eat wild fish. the benefits do outweigh the risk in studies, i know of one pub by harvard that says as much as well.

March 11, 2010 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger gfe--gluten free easily said...

Great way to use leftover cooked fish. I love fish and almond flour. Looks like a delicious meal!

Shirley

March 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Giada said...

He Cara,

I thought you might find this article interesting :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1257327/Should-mother-breastfeed-child-A-new-book-tells-stories-women-did-just-that.html .

March 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Briana said...

These look good. My youngsters love fish patties. I never thought to use almond flour in them! Good thinking.

March 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I've used canned wild salmon and crispy pecans to make similar patties before...the pecans were delicious with the salmon and I know they're good as a crust on trout, too. I just chopped them because I like some chunks. :)

March 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have gluten and almond allergies,
so I use coconut flour for my fish fries-
browns up nicely and tastes wonderful too!

April 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home