Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Natural Air Freshener

Friday, February 5, 2010

Natural Air Freshener


Orange peels, water, a teaspoon or so of vanilla is nice too.  If you're nervous about leaving something going on the stove unattended, there are little crock pots that are safe for this. I leave mine covered so the water doesn't evaporate as quickly, the smell still fills the whole house nicely.   When we had a wood stove, I left a pot like this on the wood stove every day.

Making your own natural air freshener is a nice inexpensive way to get toxins out of your home.  There's nothing good in Febreez or PlugIns or artificially-scented candles (fragrance oil is artificial).



Share
Are you using Swagbucks to search and win yet?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Pink Dogwood said...

I was JUST thinking about this topic and wondering about a good way to clear the smells. I'm heading to the kitchen right now to put on a pot of orange peels!

February 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

This is a great idea! I've done that with apples, but never oranges!

February 5, 2010 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

YES, something I have actually been doing all along! :) It is still amazing to me how much "chemical" smells bother me now the more and more I use more natural cleaners, etc. Good grief, what in the world to do we do to our bodies, much less our noses!

February 5, 2010 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger C'est la vie said...

What a great idea!
I'll have to do this after i'm done making my stinky beef broths ;)
Natalia

February 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Stacey, good for you! We *do* absorb what's in the air... gross!

February 6, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Kika said...

A friend sent me a fragrance oil "ring" that you put on a light bulb. I threw away the oil but have used pure essential oil in it - kind of strong. What about soy or beeswax candles? I do like your idea for days when I'm already peeling oranges.

February 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I love love love beeswax candles. Soy, I'm not sure if they're okay? I know a lot of them have synthetic fragrances. I'll have to look more into them :) But better than paraffin for sure!

February 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home