Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Real Food Reading

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Real Food Reading

Some generous family members gave me money for the holidays. That means books (and knitting needles) to me. Here's a peek into my future Amazon boxes ;)

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
Health and Nutrition Secrets
Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health (Vintage)
The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses
Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods
and finally I got around to getting the shower filter, so that'll be in the box too

Look interesting? I love fiction too, but I force myself not to read it often since I get sucked in, my dishes and laundry pile up, and I remain in my PJs way too long.

More: Recommended Real Food Reading

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Nadine said...

Oh the love of new books...
I hope to get myself a few new ones this holiday season...
as for knitting needles...well...this has been a dream/wish/hope of mine that I would learn to knit something other then dishcloths and straights line...:)
I am a visual learner and do best if someone teaches me...ah...may be I can do that this year...knitting hats would be cool...

Have fun with all that reading!

December 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

If you can knit at all, you can do hats. In the round is super easy, you just knit knit knit and then do a few K2together and wa la, a hat!

December 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I was at the Family Services 2nd hand store a couple weeks ago and saw tons of knitting needles. Figure when I finally get around to having you teach me to knit, I'll go there. I didn't check a price, but everything there is cheap.

December 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Sounds good! You'll want a circular needle for your blankie. 7 days left... is it going to be done for Christmas? :o)

December 18, 2009 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The Omnivore's Dilemma is great! I am now reading his next book - In Defense of Food. It is an easier read and just as good. Enjoy your books

December 18, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah Schatz - menus for limited diets said...

I've been wanting to read the Omnivore's Delimma for some time now! I love reading non-fiction too, more than fiction. For fiction, I watch movies...

December 18, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Starlene said...

I haven't read any of those books, but they all look very interesting. Especially Good Calories, Bad Calories... and I love knitting, too!

December 18, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home