Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Organizing the kids' clothes

Monday, November 30, 2009

Organizing the kids' clothes

Kind of off topic, but I'm rather tickled that I did something somewhat organized, and I've stuck with it for longer than 12 seconds. So we'll venture into my children's room...

By nature, I'm not a very organized person. But this is something that has worked for me lately, so I wanted to share.

I started folding my kids' clothes together in outfits (neither of them cares what they wear) because I got frustrated with the daily check the drawer/dryer/laundry basket/crib for clothing that matched. See, I told you I wasn't organized ~grin~

Pairing them up and folding them into a bundle made our mornings much nicer! Church/nice clothes.


Each of my kids has a drawer, and then the top drawer has hats and socks and undies.
A girlie clothing bundle. I love these Hanna Andersson dresses, they cost more, but they fit her for 2-3 years. I ask for them for holidays gifts.

She has three of these dress sets, then pants/shirts/sweaters. A lot of her pants are boy's that I found at thrift stores and I pair those with a girlie shirt because I like her to dress like a little girl. But the practical part of me would rather pass down as much to little brother as possible.





Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

such a great idea! wish we lived closer...i could help you organize and you could help with one of your specialties!

November 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

That would be fun! I have a really organized friend who inspires me, but I think she might slip into a coma if I let her into my closets and 'storage' spaces :o)

November 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Great minds think a like! I just started pairing my girls clothes up this way a couple of weeks ago too - makes mornings so much easier!

December 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger cindahomaker said...

I started doing this but drifted off thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. It IS much easier! And the funny matches they make on their own can be controlled a bit this way.
We get a lot of second hand clothing and I really try to make those into outfits. It is SOO overwhelming having odd lots of things that accumulate and certainly add to any disorganization.
OHHH! I LOVE H.A. outfits too. I have been drooling over them for years. My dh went ebay shopping last month for our eldest dd and they picked out a beautiful one for her! It is big on her now so it should be a great long use pick. Little sister Sophia will get it in three years too. Lina was so pleased to do that shopping with daddy!
We are sooo not into these fade lines that are in walmart... you can't even get a plain t shirt when they reach a 5-6!! Not a lot of choices around here. Thanks goodness for the internet.

December 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home