Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Imitation: Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Imitation: Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip

We love dip. I've been buying the spinach artichoke parmesan dip at Costco way too often for the $7 price tag and hydrogenated soybean oil that it contains. Looking at the label last time, I recognized that I could make it on my own.

I added a little more spinach than they must, since mine turned bright greeen, but spinach dip is good too.

In my food processor I combined

homemade mayo to replace their hydroginated stuff (about 1/3 cup, not a ton)
2 cloves of garlic (not heads... but the little individual wedge things)
and pureed

Added 1/2 cup spinach that I had steamed beforehand (not sure if this is necessary
Artichoke Hearts (these were quartered, I think I put in about 8-10 quarters)

Pulsed to chop

Added a good amount (about a pound) of shredded parmesan cheese and again pulsed the food processor again to mix but not puree. And that's it.  We eat it with the organic corn chips from costco that are really reasonably priced for organic!

More:
Homemade Mayo
Make your own Clif Bars

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

OpenID movinginspirals said...

Mmmm! I make something very similar to this and then bake it before eating. Now you've got me hungry!

October 14, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Baked sounds good. We used it as a pizza topping tonight- as the cheese/sauce and then put chicken on top. mmmm

October 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds wonderful - I'm coming over for snacks!

October 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Are these canned artichoke hearts?
Jana

May 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Cara @ Health Home and Happiness said...

They are- but I bet fresh would be great too!

May 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home