Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Review: Natural Latex Pillows for Health

Friday, September 4, 2009

Review: Natural Latex Pillows for Health


Well, I got my pillow about a week ago. I honestly was expecting it to have some sort of polyester or synthetic in it, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was really just a latex foam pillow with a really nice thick zip-up (so washable) cotton cover on it. As many things do, coming out of the box it had a bit of a mechanical smell, most likely from the machinery used to make it. But after letting it sit outside of it's box/plastic the smell was totally gone. The pillow is nice and squishy, you know how sometimes you really have to get used to natural alternatives (like whole wheat)? Well, this is absolutely mainstream friendly, but much healthier. I love it when it works out that way.

It's a priority for us to replace all the pillows in our home with nontoxic ones since that's a bit more within reach for us than a natural mattress at this time, but would get rid of a lot of petroleum products that outgass nasty chemicals. Now, since I got a chance to test it, I moved this one into my little girl's bed, since I feel it's more important to keep toxins away from our children because they are so small and their brains are still developing.

Other posts:
More about natural bedding
About Natural hair and body care

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home