Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Benefits to shopping locally: Free pears

Friday, September 4, 2009

Benefits to shopping locally: Free pears

A benefit to shopping locally: The owners and employees start to recognize you. When I walked into our local health food store to get some more buckwheat, an employee saw me juggling both kids as we walked in the door (I stick out, and apparently look hungry~grin~) and asked if we liked pears. When I said yes, she offered me 10 pounds or too-brown-to-sell organic pears that I gladly accepted.

Monday we turned them into 4 jars of pear sauce and put them in the deep freeze to pull out as we need them.

I've found that local businesses appreciate your business so much more than big box stores. And I have a feeling that if these pears had been at Walmart they would have ended up in the back dumpster, what do you think?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

There's nothing like shopping local and organic. Especially when it's free. :-P

September 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home