Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Sweet Potato French Fries

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet Potato French Fries

Sweet Potato French Fries were a huge hit with everyone. I wanted to use coconut oil for the good fats, so I just melted it in the oven in the pyrex I was going to use to cook the fries in. 375 degrees uncovered for 25 minutes, though this will change based on how crispy you want your fries or how thin you cut your sweet potato.





With sea salt and the melted coconut oil. Just mixed gently with a spatula to coat.


Making this a part of Real Food Wednesday and Pennywise Platter Thursday (Especially when sweet potatoes go on sale later this fall!)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Briana said...

Those turned out really nice.

August 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like butternut squash fries too.
Jessica O.

August 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like butternut squash fries too.
Jessica O.

August 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Thanks :)

I hope sweet potatoes go on sale after Thanksgiving. One year I got huge ones for 19 cents a pound. I love sweet potatoes!

August 31, 2009 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger heartnsoulcooking said...

WOW!!! made some last night and the family loved them. My husband eat his with salt, I eat mine with butter and a little brown sugar. The boys just eat them with salt. Now you know who has the sweet tooth. Geri

September 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Alyss said...

Yum! I love sweet potato fries! One autumn I embarked on a quest to find the best dipping sauce for them. Ketchup is too sweet, mustard wasn't quite right. I finally settled on a garlic bleu cheese creamy dip. Pungent enough to offset the sweetness of the fries, but creamy too. Maybe I'll have to make some of those soon. Thanks!

September 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

That bleu cheese sounds great! Mmm. I don't know if I ever would have thought of that. We just ate ours plain.

September 2, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home