Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Menu Plan Monday 8/3/09

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 8/3/09

Picture of a post-clean out section. Mostly. Notice the Christmas decorations up on top of the cabinet and the mass of books in no particular order on the bottom right. And the guitar that was being used as a weapon up top as well. This would be many people's 'before' clean out pic... but for me it's an after...


I'm still cleaning out, at a rate I never have before. Getting things out that we will use in the future, even hand made things. I was on an apron kick for a while, and I have 7 aprons of various child and mama sizes in my pantry. One for me, one for the toddler that fits her right now is plenty. I do believe that I'll still have the ability to sew aprons in a few years when she out grows hers, and someone else could be blessed by them now, rather than having them sit there waiting for us. Got rid of a spare car seat (we can just move the ones we have back and forth), the single stroller (we have a double jogging stroller now). Do I need both the baby bjorn bouncer and the jumparoo thing that hangs from the doorway? I think one will do (we're keeping the bouncer). Freecycle has become my friend, as well as the local consignment and rescue mission thrift stores.

More cleaning out means less cleaning and moving around of *stuff*, which means more time for my sweet family, more time cooking fun meals, and more time enjoying the outdoors.

Anyway, on to the menu plan. It's still quick meals, since I'm spending most of my time getting rid of stuff.

Monday: Chicken and rice stir fry with those cool already chopped frozen stir fry veggies from Costco. Loved Food Renegade's post about how organic produce is one of the lowest priorities for our food budget. I'm using organic chicken and organic brown rice (both from Costco, we don't have a Trader Joe's here, but Costco does pretty well)

Tuesday: Pizza- I'll try to get my dough recipe up this week. I used soaked wheat for it before and it turned out really well, but hubby really prefers it with unbleached white flour.

Wednesday: Burritos, beans and rice and lactofermented peppers, avacado, tomatoes from my little plants that actually didn't end up being hit too hard by the grasshoppers

Thursday: Breakfast for dinner: Scrambled eggs, beef sausage patties, hollidase sauce over soaked whole wheat english muffins. Fruit salad from all the awesome fresh fruit that's out right now.

Friday: Pizza again, with stir fry veggies cooked in garlic butter

More menu plans over here this week

~~
I want to do a 'baby week' this month some time. I have an interview to post from Jess at Breastfeeding Basics, an interview with a Doula friend about childbirth, then there's my post about how we do baby food, I just got mastitis for the first time I guess it was 2 weeks ago now, and after trying both mainstream and natural remidies, the natural ones worked way better, so I'll talk about that. And I'd like to do a list of links of things to be aware of that aren't commonly taught in childbirth education classes. I didn't want to focus this blog on babies too much, so I think I'll just cram it all into one week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

i like your point about letting someone else be blessed by things not in use rather then saving it all for some possiblity in the future for yourself. i too am getting free of some baby things but find it hard to know what i will want come the next one (if G-d decides we will have more children).

August 3, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I know what you mean. I just ruthlessly went through my baby clothes, only kept my favorites. Maybe my non-favorites would be someone else's favorites? And I know our thrift stores always have tons of baby stuff, so for a few dollars I can fill in any clothes that we end up needing.

August 3, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home