Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: A Nourishing Traditions Sandwich

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Nourishing Traditions Sandwich


Seriously good! And sleeping in this morning (and subsequently not packing my husband's lunch) motivated me to make 3 sandwiches for lunch today- one for me, two for him tomorrow.

I really love these lactofermented veggies, because I can put together a great sandwich without having half the 'supplies' going bad. I'm ashamed to say that fresh veggies like tomatoes and lettuce usually go bad in the bottom of my fridge before I can use them all.

This sandwich is made of:

Soaked wheat bread
Organic crockpot chicken (cost ends up being less than $1 per sandwich)
Grapeseed oil mayonnaise
Sauerkraut
Sprouted buckwheat (that I'm loving right now!)
Store bought mustard
Tilimook cheese on hubby's

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

Grapeseed oil is really good for you. Do you make your own mayo?

July 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Yup, I do now. In the food processor, I never really could get it any other way.

July 20, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home