Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Menu for the week of 7/19

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Menu for the week of 7/19

I'm getting a little tired of our food rut, so I'm venturing out a little bit this week. Not anything amazingly gourmet, but different from what we normally have. We're still following the predictable schedule (outlined here) but doing something other than the same ol same ol within it.

Lunches are sandwiches, either like this one with my crockpot chicken lunchmeat, or with a batch of egg salad, either on soaked whole wheat bread. Hubby eats chicken sandwiches every day, on homemade white or wheat bread, and a piece of fruit, some organic (GMO free) corn chips or crackers, and a cookie. Or 7. He does construction and eats a lot. When he was laid off due to lack of work this past winter, our grocery bill seriously was cut in half.

Breakfasts have been a lot of cooked buckwheat with scrambled eggs on the side, or combined

Snacks are soaked/salted/dehydrated nuts (crispy almonds, crispy pecans) and fruit

Then dinners are as follows:

Monday: Chicken enchaladas. Have my pinto beans soaking and chicken cooking in the crockpot as I type.

Tuesday: Pizza

Wednesday: Falafel in homemade pitas, with sauerkraut or some other lactofermented veggie. As far as my toddler is concerned, we could have pickles with every meal :)

Thursday: Buckwheat crepes from Nourishing Traditions. We'll see how they go, I haven't tried them yet. With berries and whipped cream if I get around to it. Scrambled eggs too.

Friday: Not pizza this Friday, we're having Costco's potstickers. Pork free, MSG free.

Saturday: Umm. Saturdays all too often end up being whatever we can scrounge up. Quesadillas a lot since they're fast.

Sunday: Burgers, half venison, half organic beef.


On the agenda to make and subsiquently blog about this week:
Buckwheat crepes
Falafel (I've made it before, just never taken pictures to share)
Soaked wheat pitas- we'll see if they'll turn out



I've got a wholesale order I'm working on this week for dolls, so here's a shameless plug for my Etsy Shop ~grin~


See more menu plans at Organizing Junkie

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nicola said...

thanks for the comments on my blog! you are soooo wise to meal plan. it is something i routinely struggle with!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

July 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I love those meal ideas, especially the easy ones. I love easy food, and I hate cleaning up afer seven people and a complicated meal.

Those dolls are adorable too!

July 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I am laughing at how many people have chicken enchiladas on their menus. I had no idea they were so popular!

July 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

I look forward to hearing about the falafel!

July 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger dddiva said...

Glad I found your blog through MPM. I have never had buckwheat. Potstickers I could gorge on though.

July 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger AudreyO said...

I've never had a venison burger. How does the taste differ from a beef burger or a ground turkey burger?

July 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home