Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Making cookies in bars

Monday, July 27, 2009

Making cookies in bars


Maybe everyone else already knew this, but I just figured out that I can make a whole cookie dough recipe, dump it in a 9x13" pyrex, press down a little, and cook. I don't need a special 'bar cookie' recipe. I've been doing this for my forever-hungry husband lately. Saves tons of time and since they don't have to stay in cookie-shape, I can up the eggs (protein) and flour (cheapness) to stretch the batch.

Yes, I am that lazy that scooping individual cookies out on the pan and switching the pans in the oven is 'a lot of work.'

My typical recipe:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar, brown or white
5 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3-4 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 a bag, or a few handfuls of chocolate chips (for those of us who buy chocolate chips in bulk...)

Then I bake it until it seems slightly underdone, 350 degrees maybe 35 minutes?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Did not know this either! It is not laziness - it is being practical! Think of the energy you will save by not having to run an oven half an afternoon!

July 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Briana said...

I'm that lazy also. I do think the cookies are moister. My children request a big chocolate chip cookie instead of b-day cakes all the time. Much easier than baking a cake from scratch.

July 27, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home