Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Confessions (why I gained 5 pounds last weekend)

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Confessions (why I gained 5 pounds last weekend)

I don't know what it is about Costco, but somehow packaging everything in larger-than-life quantities makes it so much more appealing. I had been eyeballing the nearly-5-pound (they print the weight right on it) key lime pie for the past 4 Costco trips. Corn syrup. White flour. Sweetened condensed adulterated milk. I had to have it.

And a swing by the discount bakery rack in Walmart yielded 4 white flour loaves of sourdough bread. "For Hubby" I said. In reality I still haven't completely lost my addiction to toasted white flour sourdough with butter, and I ate the equivalant of a loaf's worth over a 3-day time span.

And no doubt, after day 2 of eating like this I felt lousy and had gained 5 lbs. The pie was finished on Monday, and now it's Wednesday and after being back on The Maker's Diet foods I'm back down 2.5 lbs to 147.5. When I stay eating how I should, with the occasional cookie but not an entire pie or loaf of white bread, I easily stay between 140 and 145, which is what weight works for me at 5' 8.5"

I'm sure the weight will come back off by the end of the week, without limiting portion sizes or doing any more exercise than normal. I'm thrilled that I've found a 'diet' that works for me, just eating real whole foods.

(This post is a part of Works for Me Wednesday)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

OpenID movinginspirals said...

Refined foods, in addition to doing all kinds of other nutty things to me, bloat me up like a balloon. I don't keep a scale in the house so I'm not sure exactly how much weight I gain but my clothes get tight and I feel horrible. It's hard though, because bread tastes so darn good...

July 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Some do still taste good, but I'm losing my taste for refined foods as time goes on. Two years ago we still had corn dogs about once a week, now I couldn't imagine even finishing one! White flour bread still gets me though... pasty gooy sugary stuff :P

July 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home