Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Apartment Gardening

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Apartment Gardening


As a part of my Pennywise Platter Thursday, I wanted to share the progress on my apartment garden. "My garden" is up on a chair so my crawling little boy couldn't get to it. It usually sits on the deck.

I told you about it back here when I first started, and since then the soil looked dark for a while so I thought it was still moist, but nope, it was just dark and dry as a bone. So I had to re-plant everything other than the tomatoes. They are growing and have little green tomatoes on them, which is great!

We also picked up a lavender plant from a nursery who was having a closeout sale on their plants.

The tomatoes are the main reason why we are 'gardening' this year, nothing that I've found in the grocery store can compare with a ripe tomato fresh from the garden. And since I grew them myself, I know that no harmful pesticides were used, they're not infused with flounder genes, and they aren't coated with harmful bacteria from bad farming practices.

Another 'pennywise' part of this post is that we did move from the country into an apartment last year to help our Dave Ramsey plan. (Some pics over here of where we used to live). I was skeptical of Dave Ramsey at first, but not only is there now a method to our maddness, but my husband is completely on board now! He's free on Hulu and we listen to him on our local radio station in the afternoons too. If you want to learn more, check out his New to Dave Ramsey page here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet said...

Good for you! I hope the your tomatoes keep growing well! I have some tomato plants as well and am looking forward to harvesting some. :-)

Thanks for being part of the carnival!

July 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Margaret

http://howtomakecompost.info

July 22, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home