Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Coffee with Coconut Milk to Lose Weight

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coffee with Coconut Milk to Lose Weight


This morning's coffee with coconut milk (cream) in it. Before I used to put instant hot chocolate in my coffee, but as a 'real food' alternative that I absolutely love, coconut milk is a yummy way to start my day. I feel like it stabilizes my wonky blood sugar issues too (I tend toward hypoglycemia).

Edited to add: In Eat Fat Lose Fat, Sally Fallon describes how coconut fat does actually give the sensation of being full and reduce cravings. I had noticed this about a month after I had switched from {industrial food} hot chocolate to {real food} coconut milk.  Originally I had cut out dairy to clear up my breastfeeding son's eczema, but losing the postpartum weight without cravings was an unexpected but welcome bonus!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Briana said...

My favorite morning cup is jasmine green tea with coconut milk and stevia. I have a major sweet tooth! If I use stevia a few times a day in iced tea, coffee, or tea I don't crave other sweets.

June 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

That's good. I am loving coconut milk, I find that when I started eating more coconut my craving for sweets went down.

June 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home