Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Sour pickles for babies

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sour pickles for babies

I get Parenting Magazine since I ordered from diapers.com (best price that I've found on Tushie's Diapers- they're gel free- we use those when we're not using cloth), it came free with purchase. I like to look through it to see what 'normal' parents are doing, and then toss it. I try not to get too riled up or dwell on what I don't agree with, which is generally most of it.

This time they suggested giving a new teething baby a sour pickle, citing that it's surprising, but babies like sour foods. I remembered being surprised when my little one liked the sourish soaked wheat bread that I started making last summer, and she loves loves loves sourdough pancakes. But it's not really that surprising. I believe that we're designed for things that are good for us, so I guess babies just hadn't acclimated their taste buds to less nutritious food.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home