Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Remineralization Toothpastes

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remineralization Toothpastes

I'm still looking into holistic dentistry, and in doing that I've come across remineralization toothpastes. My friend, Jess, recommended Dr Collin's 'Restore' Fluoride free toothpaste. Though she's very knowledgeable about lots of things, I know that before doing anything at all, recommended by anyone, I need to research it myself. So I set off to find the list of ingredients to make sure they were safe, prove, and okay for pregnancy and breastfeeding too since I tend to be doing both of those fairly often. (grin)


It says it contains Novamin, which looks like it's also the name of a psychotropic medication. I'm doubting they're the same thing, but I need to make sure.

Active Ingredients: Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate (for Antihypersensitivity)

Inactive Ingredients: Glycerin, Amorphous Silica, PEG 400, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Mint Flavor, Carbomer, Potassium Acesulfame, Titanium Dioxide

So far I've seen glycerin, which I've heard is not good if you're trying to remineralize your teeth. And SLS, a foaming agent that's been linked to cause cancer? I think I'll pass for now. For right now I'm just using baking soda.

Funny how being healthy so often overlaps with being green and frugal.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Miller said...

Cara,

Have you looked at Tooth Soap? This is something I've considered buying but I'm hesitant because I don't know anyone personally who has tried it. http://www.toothsoap.com/

Lorri

June 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I have been meaning to look into that, thanks for the reminder. If the ingredients check out, I'll post when I try it :)

June 25, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I use baking soda to brush my teeth, and I've noticed that since going on GAPS, my teeth seem cleaner. I don't wake up with that "fuzz" all over. It's another nice side effect of low carb/no sugar!
I use also MI Paste, based on a recommendation from another mom on the newwaphb yahoo group. It completely remineralized her son's teeth. My own teeth were pretty transparent from nursing 2 babies, so I tried it. I felt a difference immediately! My teeth felt so much smoother after *one use.* I've been using it (inconsistently) for a few months now, and my teeth feel so much better--smoother, shinier, and no cavities when I went to the dentist last week. It's a really good product.

January 30, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home