Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Grape Seed Oil

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grape Seed Oil

I bought grape seed oil this morning, it's made in Napa County, neighboring Sonoma County where I grew up. I was surprised that it was inexpensive, organic grapeseed oil for either the same price or cheaper than I regularly play for nonorganic olive oil.

Mostly I just want it for muffins or when I'm out of butter. I don't really like butter in my muffins, they come out heavier than I like. I'm pretty sure Sally Fallon isn't a fan of grape seed oil, but I wanted to see what I could find out about how it compares to other plant-based oils.

Kelly the Kitchen Kop did the same research here

In the comments in her post someone actually talks about the cold-pressed oil that I bought, which hopefully means that it's clear from the carcinogens usually used to process the oil. Looks like coconut oil is (as I expected) a better choice. I still need to figure out and put in my first order to Azure Standard, since good quality coconut oil in town is prohibitively expensive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home