Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Dairy Free almost Nourishing Traditions Iced Coffee

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dairy Free almost Nourishing Traditions Iced Coffee

I made an iced mocha this past weekend that passed the 'husband test'- if he can't tell that it's 'weird' then it's worth sharing on the internet ~grin~

In the blender I put 1/4 cup of honey, the last 3 cups of now-room-temp coffee from earlier that morning, and 1/2 a can of coconut milk and a few ice cubes. Blended, poured over ice and served. Easy easy, dairy free, and I'm pretty sure that it's Nourishing Traditions friendly. I know either she or Jordon Rubin 'allow' coffee as long as you don't add sugar or processed creamer to it.

I kind of chuckle every time I use coconut milk, since one can has 70 grams of fat in it and at the rate I eat it, I should weigh at least 300 lbs. I eat a lot of that stuff since going dairy free to clear up my baby's eczema (he's breastfed). Seriously, since going on The Maker's Diet, I was able to completely lose my pregnancy weight without any trouble and I don't watch calories or fat at all. I'm not into fad diets, but this one just makes sense. And I'm not one with a 'quick metabolism' or anything like that- I weighed 20 lbs more in high school when I was on the swim team, swimming 1-1/2 hours a day, than I do now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home