Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: Works for me... Making an Ice Block

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Works for me... Making an Ice Block

Now that it's spring, I have to put ice in my hubby's big water container. Rather than filling and emptying multiple trays of ice, only to have a lot scatter across the floor as I do this groggily in the morning, I started filling a cheap $0.94 plastic pitcher 2/3 with water. Then I put it in the freezer, where it fits nicely and doesn't take up nearly as much room as stacks of ice trays, and it's frozen solid by morning. In the morning I take it out and run the bottom under hot water. The huge ice block pops out easily, and we're good to go. At first I tried this in a gallon container, but it works best in the thicker pitcher from Walmart because of it's smooth sides and tapered bottom.

And as a bonus, because it's so thick, the water stays cold even on days when it's over 100.

Oh, and my hubby does construction, thus he has a big need for cold water!

For more tips, visit We Are THAT Family

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Bubbles said...

Thanks for hopping over last week (or was it the week before?) to say hello! I love having new readers, and I apologize it took me so long to say hello back. :) This is a great idea, btw...very clever!

May 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

I like it! So much easier than cubes.

May 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home