Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.healthhomehappy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Health, Home, and Happiness: The Maker's Diet Day 2

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Maker's Diet Day 2

Almonds are working well for snacks. For lunch I had a berry smoothie that I added 3 raw eggs to and about 1/2 a cup of frozen carrots, and a couple tablespoons of the cream from coconut milk. Next time I'll cook and thaw the carrots, not a huge fan of chunks of frozen carroty goodness in my smoothie.

Hubby had leftover pizza for lunch, The Girl ate goldfish and almonds and skipped lunch. She can have some tuna when she gets up from her nap. Egg salad for dinner, with bread for hubby and the Girl.

I picked up the $13 blender at Walmart, I kept the box because I think you can return things to Walmart if they break within a month or two. And that looks like it's about how long it will last. I just want it to make it through the summer and I'll go from there.

Drinking lots of water, and I felt a little hypoglycemic earlier today (after coffee, which lowers blood sugar) but that went away when The Girl and I took a short walk. I'm not having trouble staying on my diet, I think it might be because I can eat as much of the food on my 'okay' list as I want, so there isn't really deprivation at all. Self control, but not deprivation. We'll see how Thursday's partial fast goes.

Once I'm into phase 3, I think I'll put our whole family on the food plan and continue it out. I'll except from the rules and use white flour to make cookies once a week, and white flour to make pizza on Fridays. I'm going to see if I can use a natural sugar substitute for the cookies (not Splenda!) and a natural beef nitrate alternative to the pepperoni on the pizza. Right now I have a huge bag of Costco pepperoni that I'll use up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home